Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate ban

In article , Andy Champ
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Andy Champ
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
A low salt diet is far worse than a high salt diet. FUD again.

Evidence?..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

When my Dad was in the navy in the tropics they'd put people on a charge
for not taking their salt tablets.

Andy

Yes different circumstances dontcha think?..

Indeed. However, both the link and the Navy in the tropics demonstrate
that too low sodium in your diet can be lethal. I'll admit it's rare in
this climate, with the usual UK diet of high salt manufactured food;
but anyone digging a pond (or anything else suitably energetic) in the
middle of summer should be aware of it.

The govt. propagandists don't seem to like to mention one other point:

http://www.blood-pressure-hypertensi...essure-5.shtml

is but one of many articles pointing out that there's a racial factor in
salt intolerance.

Andy

Thats well know on most sites on the net especially American ones.

But different race's have different problems because of who they are,
their genetic make up, and where they live and that can be diet and
such..

No danger of a lack of salt in the UK thats for sure;!..
--
Tony Sayer