Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Eyeglass lens cleaner

wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Reed wrote:
Walter R. wrote:
Does anyone have a DIY formula for cleaning coated eyeglass lenses?
Is Windex spray OK?

Thanks

Having had a set of COATED lenses about a year now, I understand what
you are up against. Any of the "old" ways of cleaning non-COATED
glasses just do not get the job done. Body oil just does not come
off. I don't know a DIY formula, what works best for me is Walgreen's
or CVS's little spray bottle of cleaner made for COATED glasses, and
a MICROFIBER cloth. That's why the doc's office gave me 2 cloths when
I got the glasses. Again, anything else just does not work on COATED
lenses. My mgr at work had same problem with his new lenses a few
months ago. YMMV

--Reed

But how do you clean the microfiber cloth? And yes, this is a serious
question- whenever I run one through the washer, it self-destructs.

--
aem sends...

I marvel at all the microfiber crap in the cleaning products section at
the store - wondering how I get along without it. Buying them seems to
me much like burning a stack of dollar bills.

they're kind of awesome. I use 'em just like I used to use cotton
towels and throw 'em in the washer. I bought a pack of six for cheap
and haven't worn one out yet. Only downside is that they stick to the
calluses on my hands.

They're the absolute shiznit for cleaning glass and stainless steel.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel