Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Wood Floor and Subfloors

On Apr 10, 1:58*pm, mike wrote:
On Apr 10, 1:10*pm, " wrote:

Hi!

I've purchased a new tongue and groove solid wood floor that I'm going
to be putting down. *I tore the old floor up, and right now, there are
1x6's perpendicular to the joists as the subfloor.

Everything I read says you should install the wood floor perpendicular
to the joists. *Now, should I install the wood floor perpendicular to
the subfloor 1x6's, or perpendicular to the joists?

Thanks!

Perpendicular. *You already have plenty of stiffness in the direction
of the joists. *You need stiffness in the other direction now.

Edit: Perpendicular to the joists.