Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Driveway solar-Powered Lights ?

benick wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
Do they really work ?
After a summer day soaking up sunlight, will they illuminate all evening
? Reasonably bright ?

Live in New England.
What happens in the winter with considerably less sunlight ?

Same thing that happens in bright light and long days. Nothing

How do they actually work ?
Just by using a solar cell to charge a capacitor, or... ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have a set of them. To get the best bang for the buck, get your $30 in
$1 bills. Tack the bill on a stick and burn them. You'll not only get
more light, they will last longer than the solar lights.

I may put in a set of the low voltage lights. Brighter and they actually
work.

JUNK...Low voltage is the answer....

And line voltage is the real answer when the typically low grade LV
fixtures fail after a few years.