Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default Copyright infringement watch

A couple weeks ago, someone emailed me that chunks of the
Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ were being used by so called "experts" on
justanswer dot com in replies to questions, and getting paid for it!
I notifed justanswer and they did remove the offending posts, but it's
not clear that there was any further action taken, including any
penalty in $$$ to the people doing this, or to justanswer.

And, apparnetly there is no way to search through anything more than a day or
so old to see if there were more copyright violations. So, to keep
watch, someone would have to check through all postings on a daily basis,
which is clearly not something desirable.

It's acceptable to use Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ material privately
for any reasonable purpose. What's not permitted is to benefit
financially from redistributing it, or pieces of it, in any form.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/