Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default square expanding tube bolts

sm_jamieson wrote:
I got some trestles form screwfix to support scaffold boards. Sturdy
enough, but they have no usable edge stops (the ones provided do not
allow you to fit 3 scaffold boards between).
I need to fix a metal plate or something to each end of the square
tube that supports the boards. Tube inside dims are 22 to 23mm. I
remembered some kind of square bolts that fit into the the tube ends
and expand as you tighten them like a square rawl bolt.
Anyone know where I can get such connectors ?
Simon.

Get some square steel bar that is the best fit you can get inside the
tube. Cut a piece 60mm or so and drill along the length to just fit a
rawl bolt in. Hacksaw lengthwise to make two similar pieces. Fit inside
tube expanding with the rawlbolt.

Bob