Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring cable

"ls02" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 8:24 am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"ls02" wrote in message

I asked a question some time ago about Internet wiring. Since Iwill be
opening walls I want to run the TV cable to the same rooms I will be
running Cat5e cable. What the best way to put splitters. Right now I
have 2-way splitter at the entrance. One end goes into family room
with TV and another goes to office with cable modem. I need to run
cable to three more bedrooms upstairs. The best would be to replace 2-
way splitter with three-way splitter and run one end to the artic and
then put there three-way splitter and run cable to each bedroom. Will
it work?

Also what kind if splitters are the best?

*It would work, but the more splitters the more potential for lower
picture
quality. I would try and keep the splitters to a minimum. I recommend
doing
all home runs to one area and just get one big splitter.

What does it mean "one area"? I can have one-two many splitter at
entrance and run cables to each individual bedroom from that the only
splitter. It will require more cable and wiring but I can do this.

*I mean to one central location close to where your cable TV service now
comes into the house. I would not bring them outside. Maybe take one of the
existing lines off of the existing two way splitter and use that empty slot
to feed all of the new home runs. Refeed the existing cable that was
disconnected from the new central location. They make splitters that can
handle many cables so don't use a bunch of two-way and three-way's. Use RG6
quad shield cable for your runs for optimum picture quality.