Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Marcel Beysselance Marcel Beysselance is offline

Default Sony TV KV-C2508D (BE-3C Chassis) 6x LED blinks

Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
Hi,

my grandmas Sony TV KV-C2508D (BE-3C Chassis) has started to fail
randomly and shutting down. First the broadcast is gone when watching a
channel (picture as if not tuned in) and then the set turns off itself
immediately, letting the Standby LED flash 6 times. The set can be
turned on afterwards without trouble and continues to run fine until at
some point the problem occurs again. My dad is at her place now and he
is probably going to bring the set.

I already have the service manual for the BE-3C chassis. I suspect it to
be a problem with the soldering of the tuner grounding (common problem),
but I also want to let you guys give your voices, too.

So, any specific suggestions ?

Adrian

PS: Happy Easter.

Hi,
it is probably the tuner particulary if it was made in Spain. It is
pretty difficult to fix the bad solders in it. It is much reliable to
change it, you can use a UV916E Philips tuner.

Marcel Beysselance

http://marcel.beysselance.club.fr

www.hi-tek.fr