Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
JP[_5_] JP[_5_] is offline

Default FA: Sencore LC53 Z Meter with Probe and AC Cord # 260388540185

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:25:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I have 2 LC77s and they *will* reform lytics up to 1000vdc. Its just a
PITA beacause you have to use the handle to hold the little plunger
thing against the "leakage" button.

Talk about a mickeymouse arrangement! Then again we ARE talking
Sencore, not HP or Tek.

So, you think HP or Tektronix would leave a pair of clip leads
powered with up to 700 VDC available for someone to get shocked? MORON.

They won't risk the liability and Sencore doesn't, either. Sencore
is not laboratory grade equipment, it is made for repair work. That is
a market that HP and Tektronix has almost always priced themselves out
of. The Sencore equipment was designed to be carried on a service
truck, or to take as baggage on a plane to the customer's site to get
equipment back on line.

Like you knwo what the **** you are talking about..**** you
Terriorist!