Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leon Leon is offline

Default Nova G3 or PSI Barracuda

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:01:06 -0700, "Jacques"
wrote:

I have had a PSI and a Vicmark. Scrap the cheap Asian product(mostly
China)
and buy the better built one (Nova). You get what you pay for in a chuck.
The better chuck will last many times longer than the cheap one.

Or, you could buy Oneway, made in Canada..

I turned my first maple "box" that also happened to have a nice friction fit
lid using the SN2 for the first time on Sunday. No instructions other than
a peppermill class that I took a few weeks ago. That particular class was
like a Chinese Fire Drill, it's a wonder I remembered how to turn the lathe
on. LOL

I hate to admit it but I am starting to drool over the Craft Supply catalog.