Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFLs use more energy than indicated

On Apr 9, 11:28*pm, Larry The Snake Guy wrote:
Duh... Now that I think about it, I'm sure the reason a heat pump can
be so efficient is because if the compressor is inside, most of the
electricity it uses is also converted to heat inside the house on top
of what it brings in from the outside...

And of course, you're wrong. As someone explained very well earlier,
a heat pump is efficient because it's MOVING heat, rather than
generating it. Modern heat pumps can generate more heat for the same
Kwh than resistance heaters, even when the outside temp drop into the
teens. BTW, the compresors in the ones I've seen are outside.