Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Laminate Living Room into Kitchen - Height Difference

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Cooper wrote:

Now, I'm not going to believe you over manufacturers, no matter what
your eyes tell you. You should not be giving out information on
subjects you know nothing about.

Whatever.

My (admittedly) limited experience, plus my scientifically-controlled
experiments, plus the official pronouncements from SOME laminate
manufacturers are at variance with your no doubt heartfelt opinions.

I don't think your experiment was scientifically controlled. You
soaked a piece of flooring in a glass of water, but it wasn't a
double-blind test. You should have had someone else put two pieces of
flooring in two glasses, only one of which contained actual water.
The other, placebo water. Then, without knowing which was which, you
evaluate them for swelling and damage. Sheesh.

You raise a good point. Still, one has to work with what one has. I tried my
best to be objective.

I placed - or more accurately did not remove - the control strips in their
original box.

Double-blind studies are not always possible. When testing whether
force-feeding a rat five pounds of pickles per day to determine whether so
doing causes lethargy, it's simply not possible to feed another rat a mock
pickle without the experimenter knowing the difference. And probably the
rat, too.