Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default repairing an electret microphone

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
However, all that said, I do take your point that it could give rise to
confusion between a sound engineer reading it, and an electronics
engineer, who might better understand the overall concept. Perhaps it
would be better to call the electret capsule 'line powered' ...

Indeed - that's always how aerial pre-amps etc which use this technique
are described. At least in my experience.

Phantom power is so called because it is invisible to the actual required
signal. Line power doesn't qualify in this way.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.