Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur 51[_3_] Arthur 51[_3_] is offline

Default Combi - Fault

"John" wrote in message

"Arthur 51" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi.
I have a W-Bosch 28i which worked ok until 4pm yesterday.
Then then it stopped firing up when running the hot water. And nothing
at the rads.

I can't see any pilot flame inside.

The only clue is when we discovered the problem I noticed that the
water pressure had
gone well below 1 bar.

Whats the usual cause of such a sudden failure?

Thanks.

Arthur

Is the pressure drop sudden - when did you last check it? When did it
last need adjusting?

We keep the pressure at about 1.5 and it drops slowly most of the time.
I usually notice
when it drops to about 1.3 so I top it up tp 1.5.

Arthur

Have you topped it up again and re-lit the pilot then?

On my Combi the pilot is put out if the boiler overheats. No pilot - no
main jet. I guess some are also linked to the pressure.

I haven't treid to relight the pilot...haven't needed to do it before...and
don't know how anyway.
I switched the combi off for an hour yesterday as well.

Arthur