Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where rafters cross purlins

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:29:27 -0700 (PDT), sm_jamieson wrote:

4. Angled purlins. I've seen this, but a right pain to build in where
the purlins sit in the wall, or not good with joist hangers.

This is the only version I have seen in old roofs. Can't really see the
problem with a few bits of cut brick and some mortar at the wall ends. In
fcat witha 12.5 deg pitch slope the purlins are not going to be that far
off vertical anyway. Couple of bits of broken tile to pack the space if
the mortar "look to thick"?

--
Cheers
Dave.