Posted to alt.home.repair
ana ana is offline

Default Dishwasher hookup leak

ana had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ak-321845-.htm
:
Nill,
I know it's been a while since this posting but I'm wondering if you got
this fixed and how. I am now having the same problem. I have tighten both
ends as much as they go without breaking and I still have a leak on the
water supply hose side.

Thanks
ana
-------------------------------------
Napoleon Blownapart wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:08:02 -0500, Nil wrote:

Just got a new dishwasher (Kenmore model 665.13834) and I'm having
trouble
with the water hookup. I bought the required elbow that goes
between the
water supply line and the water inlet valve. I just CANNOT get it
to not
leak. I think I've finally gotten it to stop dripping from the
supply-side
of the joint with the use of some teflon tape, but I can't seem to
stop
the leak from the valve side.

Here's a picture of the assembly (the dishwasher is turned on its
side to
expose the bottom):

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/dishwasher1.jpg

I've tried two different elbows. I've tried it with and without
teflon
pipe tape. I've run out of ideas. Does anyone have any other
tricks for
making water-tight connections in this kind of situation?

The tape won't stop leaks but rather permit the joint to be tightened
more.