Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Driveway Cost: Concrete vs. Blacktop

On Apr 9, 10:09*am, "charlie"
wrote:
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message

5.250...

On Tue 07 Apr 2009 06:32:03p, Wayne Boatwright told us...

Following up to my own post, I'd like to thank all of you who responded
for
your insight and information. *It has been informative and helpful.

I should also probably have given more background. *I live in Mesa, AZ, so
there are no issues with wide variances in seasons. *Our entire lot is
covered in several inches of compacted decomposed granite, so is quite
firm. *Both back and front yards are desert landscaped, with certain
plants
receiving localized drip irrigation. *We don't have frequent rain, and our
total rainfall is sparse.

We don't work on our own cars or other equipment that would be on the
driveway, so that would be a non issue. *We have two Ford Focus models,
nothing particularly heavy.

We've lived here for two years and during that time have parked on the
granite. *The only real physical inconvenience is that some granite is
tracked into the cars and some makes its way into our shoes.

From a strictly visual point of view, there is no defined parking area.
This probably shouldn't bother me, but every other home I've owned had a
driveway and a walkway to the front door.

The approximate size of this driveway would be 22' wide by 38' long.

Last of all, but still important, is that we're on a somewhat limited
budget, and would like to keep our costs to a minimum.

Thanks again to all...

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
* * * * * * - Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.

the gravel is a LOT cooler in the summer than any other choice besides dirt.