Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Freezer door alarm

In uk.d-i-y, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:37:23 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Actually I'd also like a to low temp alarm as well.

Here's your answer...

http://digitron.co.uk/line.aspx?lne_...aef2-f80b4ea44
a08

Hum, two things to ponder.

Your scepticism does you credit. :-)

What is the range like with the transmitters
inside an earthed metal box, I notice that they mainly stress having the
display on the fridge/freezer.

Mine works through the front door of the freezer and then 2.5m across
the kitchen to the side of the other freezer. I haven't experimented
further.

Also what batteries do they use for the
unit in the freezer, most batteries don't like much below 0C let alone the
-18C or more of a freezer.

ISTR they recommend lithium. Not many places stock lithium AA so I
ordered some from CPC. While waiting for those to arrive I put in some
ordinary Duracell alkalines (both sensors). That was at least a year or
two ago and I haven't needed the lithiums yet.

--
Mike Barnes