Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezer door alarm

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:38:36 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Door wide open when I'm rearranging stuff? Beep beep bloody beep, yes,
thank you, but it's obvious the door's open isn't it?

No cancel button?

Door half an inch open because one of the drawers isn't quite pushed
home? Silence.

Thermometer-based alarms are useless because they routinely go off
during the automatic defrost cycle.

Don't be such a lazy B and buy "frost free" heaps of ****e then. The
important thing *is* the temperature if that rises for any reason you need
to know about it. Must admit if the frost free thing doesn't "know" it's
doing a defrost cycle and can supress the alarm for the expected duration
plus a bit it is poor design.

Actually I'd also like a to low temp alarm as well. When we bung 3 loaves
of bread in the freezer it alarms due to the temp rise. Put it into "rapid
freeze" mode but then forget about it until I spot the display showing
-31C...

--
Cheers
Dave.