Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Reconditioned vs. New

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

-snip-
I've had close visibility of support issues and failures on a group of
about 2000 machines at the place I work, for close to ten years. If I
had 3 motherboards from different vendors go Tango Uniform in the same
residence, I'd suspect dirty power or other local conditions, rather
than poor manufacturing quality. Clusters are seldom random.

Appreciate the thought- but the HP was a recall & the Dell was a known
problem. The 'un-randomness' of those 2 was that I was buying
laptops with big processors that were running pretty hot.

The HP is mine- and with the old MB was uncomfortably hot when used on
my lap. I don't know if they replaced the processor when they
changed boards, but now it doesn't get more than about 110F after
hours of use. [it's a Pavillion DV6000 if you care]

Jim
[TU was a new one on me- and I was a Marine Radio operator 40 yrs
ago,G]

Hmmm,
Maybe they just improved cooling for the cpu. Things are designed by
human. Often there is oversight or jus plain error. I spent most of my
working life in the field dealing with electronics(RF telecomm, IT,
military products, etc.)