Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Reconditioned vs. New

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:02:19 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:18:50 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

-snip-

-snip-
being new as electronics tend to either be defective from the start or
last nearly forever.

I disagree here and that's what makes them a bad risk for refurbs.
Electronics failures are often the result of a specific temperature,
or a slight flexing of the part. If they don't hit that temp, or
get picked up just right in the shop, the refurb will be a failure.

My SONY tower that I referenced was fine until the room reached 74-
then it crashed. Open it up & it would cool off enough to work. A
new motherboard 7 cards cured it.

and a newly assembled one would be any better, how?

Wouldn't be. But my point was to refute your contention that
electronics don't regularly fail in the course of service.

Good thing I never said that.