Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Driveway Cost: Concrete vs. Blacktop

On Apr 7, 11:49*pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:
I just don't understand why folks are in such a rush to pave the driveway..

Gravel works just fine, thank you, and you don't have much runoff as rain
usually just soaks in.

Ever mow the grass in the spring after having shoveled snow off a
gravel drive all winter?

As for the runoff, there apparently is "pervious concrete" available
which allows rainwater to enter the ground *through* the concrete; I
find that intriguing but have yet to actually see any IRL or speak
with anyone who has such a driveway installed, so I can't say whether
that has any disadvantages relative to regular concrete or not.

nate