Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Yamaha DX7 memory backup circuit

Fox wrote:
On Apr 8, 2:12 am, Bob Larter wrote:

[...]
Interesting. I hadn't realised that 1N5817s were as leaky as that. The
OP should probably try to find a low reverse-leakage Schottky, or
substitute a standard diode & accept that the battery life will be
shortened due to the lowered memory voltage.

I found a compromise. A .7V 0.5 uA IR silicon diode with a 3.6V
lithium battery. I had a bunch of both lying around in my parts box.

That should work fine. ;^)