Pete Lawrence

Default boarding a loft

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:23:50 +0100, "BillR"
wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:
Thanks to all who have responded.

Beware if you have a modern house with flimsy 1st floor ceiling joists.
These do not like much loading on them at all, as I and my neighbours have
found.
A few boxes of junk on them and ceiling cracks appear along the line of the
joists..
Also if you screw the boarding to them they may distort again to the
detriment of your bedroom ceilings as the builders only seem to get the
ceiling side somewhat level.

Fortunately my house is quite sturdy in it's construction. It's a
good point though and I'll certainly keep an eye on the ceilings.

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk