Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wfhabicher@hotmail.com is offline

Default OT - Stand Proud Americans...

On Apr 8, 2:30*pm, RB wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Don't confuse what I'm about to write with something the first lady
said, but today I'm prouder than ever to be an american...

What I want to know is why don't merchant vessels allow armed crews?
Some sort of international maritime law, or what?
Seems to me an arms locker of some sort on a ship ought to be a Good
Thing. *After a couple rounds the pirates might look for a different
line of work. The survivors, that is.

According to the Drudge Report the pirates are still holding the
captain and that negotiations are on-going.

I suppose that if the captain is unpopular with the crew these
negotiations will, unfortunately, fail...

Wolfgang