Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Driveway Cost: Concrete vs. Blacktop

On Apr 7, 8:32*pm, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:
In the area where we live both materials are acceptable. *I haven't gotten
any estimates yet, but we need to put in a new driveway where none existed
before. *Any idea of the approximate difference in cost between the two
materials?

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
* * * * * * *- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.

Where I am in the midwest they use a new " less toxic" asphalt, it
doesnt smell like the old stuff either. I wonder if it also means less
life. Concrete can be ordered the way you want it and you can check a
mix for certain properties. Calcium chloride eats concrete, I dont
know about asphalt. Asphalt is black so who cares if it stains and
snow melts faster on it. Its like your major roads, Concrete folks
have arguments for concrete, and asphalt has its advantages. Its an
ongoing debate, some road redos here are asphalt, some concrete, or
maybe its who paid off Rod-Robber-Blagojevich the most for my area.