Bob Davis

Default Jet table saw table out of tolerance

Leon,

Thanks for the critique. Yes, the choice of "deep" is not the right word,
as this is normally associated with "depth of cut". What I meant to say was
that the rear teeth cut further to left of the front teeth, instead of
following same kerf cut by the front teeth.

Your analysis of getting things parallel is correct, except for how its
done. The sliding table moves, so you don't shim it, like you would the
right-side wing. You have to re-align the stationary part on which the
sliding part runs. Jet provides adjustments to do this. However, I don't
think they ever envisioned having to adjust the front to back more than a
few thousandths of an inch. I've already moved the rear of the sliding
table to the left 0.080 " and its still not lined up. I had to really force
it to get that much adjustment out of it.

What gets me is that if I had bought the table without the sliding table or
ever decided to revert to a fixed left wing, there is no way that a left
side miter slot could be lined up without re-machining the left side of the
main table.

I'm calling Jet back this morning and ask them what they recommend doing
about it and if I should be concerned.

Bob

"Leon" wrote in message
. ..
Bob, I would get back with Jet. BUT, you may want to reread what you have
written here and perhaps rephrase what your problem is. You are

apparently
not using the right descriptions to describe the problem. You indicate

that
the blade cuts deeper into the wood when you cross cut and push the wood
into the rear teeth of the wood. A blade is round and probably cannot cut
deeper into the wood at the back teeth. Perhaps you meant to say that the
blade cuts wider at the back of the blade....I guess. It seems to me that
if the blade is actually dead on parallel to the miter slot and the left
side of the table is not parallel to the blade, you would need to put

shims
between the left side of the table and the slider setup, either at the

front
or rear to bring the slide path parallel to the blade.