Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Driveway Cost: Concrete vs. Blacktop

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
In the area where we live both materials are acceptable. I haven't gotten
any estimates yet, but we need to put in a new driveway where none existed
before. Any idea of the approximate difference in cost between the two
materials?

TIA

Don't know the answer to your question, but if you are planning on doing
any automotive maintenance in the driveway, concrete is really the only
choice. Sure, you *can* work on blacktop... but then you have to carry
around plywood, steel plates, etc. to keep your jack/stands/etc from
digging in.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.