Posted to alt.home.repair
Dorothy Dorothy is offline

Default Setting up wireless home network

On Apr 7, 1:41*am, "Rudy" wrote:
sounds about right, most ethernet is 100 Mbps and wireless is 54Mbps

nate

My MIMO card & Super G Wireless *is 108

We have three computers. The cable modem is connected to a wireless
802.11 g router which is connected to the computer. We have two
other computers that have USB wireless adaptors.... one (across the
hall) is a "g" and is pretty fast. The one at the opposite end of the
house is an old "b" and also a USB wireless adaptor. I sometimes
have to play with it to get it to pick up the signal but usually re-
seating the USB connection or setting it up on top of the tower will
solve the problem. When my brother in law came to visit with his
laptop, he "looked" around for a signal and found two...my Belkin
"unsecured" network and my next door neighbor's "unsecured" LinkSys
network. I think you are going to a lot of trouble - installing new
cables for yours. I believe it will pick up the signal just fine if
you play with the adaptor a little.