Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default My pool is a swamp

wrote in message
On Apr 7, 8:13 am, wrote:
Since you have no experience doing this, just call a pool service
company. One they get it straightened out, you can just maintain it..

Well...I am just a bit too embarassed to call a pool company and show
them this swampy pool, I was trying to improve it a little myself
before it's semi-presentable.

I don't think I want to suck all 25000 gallons out here in Florida the
water table is high it may crack the pool, even in the winter months
and now it is getting into the rainy season.

You don't need to drain it all out. When I bought my current house, from an
estate, the pool had sat a full year. The water was like pea soup. Knowing
nothing about pools, I had a professional come show me how to deal with
this. He dumped a bunch of chemicals in, fired up the filter system, brushed
the side walls and left. The next morning, all the algae was white, dead,
and sitting on the bottom of the pool and the water was pretty clear. He
came back with a pump and vacuumed all the crap out of the pool, which only
lowered the water level about 4". I refilled the pool, and in a couple of
days the water was crystal clear.