Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Hang drywall and paint

benick wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
Hire the job out. Truthfully, if you've never done drywall and
painting, the best advice to save you time, disappointment, and
probably money in the long run is to hire it out to professionals.

If you are willing to be satisfied with the knowledge that you did the
work despite any flaws, delays, and the expense of probably having to
buy a couple extra sheets of drywall to cover the miscuts and breaks,
an extra tub or 2 of drywall mud as it takes you a couple extra coats
to get it done and account for the globs dropped along the way, and
twice (or more) the time a professional would take, you can find a lot
of good books with tips on doing the job. But practice is the key to
getting a professional look.

"Pedro Sanchez IV" wrote in message
any tips n tricks to cutting and hanging dry wall and making
the seems disappear with that tape/paste materials?

any tips on painting to make wall look solid, without it looking like
it has those deep lines in it?

thnx

Ditto on hiring a pro...Watch him and take notes , photos , ask
questions , ect for next time....Try google for info if you MUST do it
yourself...Way to much to type out here if you don't already know the
basics....Good luck...

Dang- did it again- meant to reply to group, and only sent to previous
poster instead. (and I've only been on Usenet since the mid 80's...)
---------

I'll third that recommendation. I might do a small patch myself, but for
anything extensive, it is worth it to hire a pro, for the lack of damage
to your blood pressure if nothing else. They make it look so freaking
easy....

I grew up in construction, I have the drywall-finishing knowledge in my
head, but somehow my hands can't translate that knowledge into doing
things the right way. No substitute for hands-on experience and constant
practice. Not like framing or trim work, where you can do one step at a
time. More like finishing concrete, where once you start, you have to
keep chugging.

--
aem sends...