Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Frontline / Sick Around the World / Online & 3/31 on PBS

Charlie Self wrote:
On Apr 6, 1:33 pm, Nova wrote:

Keep your eyes on the newly elected politicians who are about to slam
the gate on America.

Unfortunately, it was the preceding President who oiled the gate's
hinges and put a stronger spring on the closer.

One should always remember: There is no such thing as a free lunch!
Also, a politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than
you can do it yourself.

Not totally true. Have you priced paving lately? No individual can
afford many of the things we insist, rightly, that government carry
out. It's at the point of deciding what's right for the government to
do, and what isn't, that people differ.

But the government's not interested in doing things cheaply.

I invented a biped that attaches to a shovel handle to keep the shovel in an
upright position. I tried to sell my invention to several local governments
on the basis that my device could cut labor costs - no longer would a work
crew digging a hole have to have a couple of people on the payroll whose
sole purpose was to keep shovels vertical.

No takers.

I concluded that governments weren't interested in saving money.