Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] featherlightshavings@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT - storm damage

On Apr 6, 7:58*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...016/-1/ARCHIVE
That's my parents' house....

Nobody home - nobody hurt. But the cleanup and repair will take a while....
Please keep my parents, Jim and Ann, in your prayers. Thanks all.

Mom was in church when it happened. *She was out of the way. I wonder what
the odds are of your house getting struck by lightening? *I really don't
know what to say. *I hope the house has a speedy recovery. *And that your
parents are doing well.

In Indy the odds are probably pretty small. My brother used to live
in a very flat area NW of Indy (think yard surrounded by corn
fields). They used to get a strike every other year. One year the
strike came down a tree across 15' of yard and blew a hole in the
cement block foundation --- all he could say was that it was "loud and
surprising". From the aftermath, it's amazing just how far bits of
electronics will fly when they get real hot real fast. After the
first time he had learned to keep the receipts on file for those fancy
power strips with guaranteed built-in surge protectors.

hex
-30-