Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Steel Bath - Equipotential Bonding versus RDBOs

george (dicegeorge) wrote:

Our bathroom currently has no equipotential bonding, and I am aware
that in order to comply with the regs I will either need to install
equipotential bonding or upgrade my installation to meet the 17th
edition regs.

.
there should be a bonding wire onto the plumbing somewhere,
i think there's a problem when some of the metal pipe is replaced with
plastic,
so the bonding doesnt reach the bath..

There is no requirement to bond the bath since it can't by itself bring
a voltage into the zone. Typically the pipes feeding the taps, the waste
connection (if metal), basin taps, CH pipework, and the CPCs of any
circuits used in the room would be bonded.

--
Cheers,

John.