Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY cordless drill battery repair - cheap source for sub-C cells requested.

pete wrote:

One thing you need to remember is that the professionals on this NG
have a different set of values from "us" amateurs - who maybe do a
little woodworking or suchlike from time to time.
For a start, anything they buy is classed as a business expense. So
they claim back the VAT _and_ buy things using pre-taxed income (and
without N.I. either) That automatically means that they have to earn
far less - usually less than half as much to buy a tool than the rest
of us.
Also, they value reliability and ruggedness more than we (well, I)
do. If one of my tools breaks down, I just go and do something else
with my spare time. For a pro, if a tool breaks - that's lost income.
(Same with havig to wait for batteries to charge).

So while it's nice to be able to pick their brains and get advice of
how to do jobs, we must remember that their opinions about what is
value for money are based on a different set of requirements than
amateurs have.

Quite right Pete.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman