Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default DIY cordless drill battery repair - cheap source for sub-C cells requested.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

There's a world of difference between a cheapo drill and a decent one in
performance - and mainly down to the better batteries. Good make batteries
give much more low end torque and make the tool more useful for
screwdriving, etc. I re-celled a PPro 18v with decent cells and it
improved it enormously. But it doesn't feel as nice to use as my Makita.

I find this hard to understand.
Even cheap cells will supply more than enough current for the motor to run
at its maximum.
I do know that cheap cells may not last as long but I seriously doubt if you
could make a PPro run better by just swapping the cells unless the original
cells were already faulty.