Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reconditioned vs. New

"SBH" wrote in message
What is the general consensus regarding the purchase of reconditioned
tools vs. new? Yes, I know new is new but I see most, if not all,
manufacturers offer the complete warranty and incentives with a
reconditioned tool as you would a new. Of course, name brand is a
consideration, therefore, let's assume it's a name brand item such as
Dewalt, Ridgid, Delta, Bosch, PC, Milwaukee, Makita and so on. but not
interested in Ryobi, Craftsman, Stanley and Skil, though, they may have
some higher end tools, I prefer what the pros use. Therefore, would you
purchase a reconditioned tool?

*I purchased a Bosch RotoZip last year from Amazon. The price was good and
I got some good accessories with it. I bought a recon because I knew I
would only be using it about once a year. So far no complaints.