Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY cordless drill battery repair - cheap source for sub-C cells requested.

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

B&D have always been a bit variable. A brand doesn't necessarily
guarantee consistency of design or quality. Except perhaps at the top
end.

Granted they are all mains, but I have a B&D hammer drill, a B&D planer
& a B&D 185mm circular saw. I've found them all to be excellent.
Circular saw is a bit of a heavy lump, which is its only drawback.

Yes - I've got several older B&D mains tools which are good - I've not
felt the need to replace them which says something. Duds were their jigsaw
where the support roller only lasts a few weeks, the electronic two speed
control not much longer and a fairly expensive router where the fan
disintegrated followed by the armature burning out. Spares are available
but very expensive. Then of course there is the notorious Scorpion saw and
their electric stapler.

--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.