Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Being over-run by boots & shoes.

Cooper wrote:
Good grief! I'm worse than a woman, I have 11 pairs of boots/shoes. Then my
wife and daughter have all their shoes/winter boots/sandals.

We have limited space, since our home is a raised ranch/bi-level. Our doors
on the closets are the bi-fold type, so I can't go with one of those shoe
racks which hang over a door.

Right now, I have some metal shelving in the laundry room, which holds the
majority of the boots/shoes, plus laundry stuff.

The only place I can think of storing our footwear, would be on a wall.

Any ideas on building a shoe rack for a wall in the laundry room?

I took some plywood and angled in 1/2 inch doweling and mounted on wall
of garage for hanging boots and shoes.

My wife gave me a wire shoe rack that sits on the floor of my closet.
Shoes angle in and take up less floor space.