Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Exposed nails on shingles

On Apr 6, 11:03*am, woods wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:17*pm, Big_Jake wrote:

They are 30 yr. Cetainteed asphalt shingles. *There are 17 exposed
nails in the middle of the roof right below where the shingle above it
ends.

17 nails in one shingle? *Holy crap!

No, I mean there are 17 shingles with one exposed nail in each.

That's a really curious arrangement. Are all of the nails on the same
row and in a continuous run of shingles? I've seen nails run off
course due to operator error, but usually they realize it as soon as
they put a shingle in on the row above.

I'm now starting to wonder if there's a problem with the sheathing and
they were trying to keep the problem from telegraphing through the
shingles.

Have you investigated up in the attic? What did you see?