Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default See the Upgrade to my Bandsaw

-MIKE- wrote:
Leon wrote:
Laguna has the double door set up, both open at the same time. One
1/4 turn on a top and bottom side knob unlocks the top and bottom
door. The left side blade guard, like yours, also attaches the top to
the bottom door, like yours. I find that only using the top door
latch is completely adequate for keeping both doors closed. Both
doors opening at the same time is a cool safety feature, you don't
close the bottom door, stand up, and conk your head on the bottom of
the upper door. I was not sure I would like that feature until I
realized that there is no need to lock both doors and have not yet
knocked myself silly.
If you dreamed this up yourself, you are thinking like the Laguna
people. ;~)

I just assumed they were all like that... connected together, that is.
Even my junky 9" protech had connected doors. I thought about
fabricating a turning latch using the same knobs, but those magnet
catches were pretty cheap. They're a bit ghetto, but they work great.

The doors on my MiniMax are not connected together, and I've never
thought much about it... I have yet to conk my head on the upper door,
but I suppose there's a first time for everything. :-)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/