Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default [OT] Fluidyne (and solar powered!) Engines

Han wrote:
I have been wondering whether there would be a way to recover any heat
from the exhaust/flue from my heating system and distribute it throughout
my basement. Here in Jersey, my basement does not ever get really cold,
but it does get cool in winter. Just when the furnace works hardest, the
basement is coldest. Would a fluidyne engine be able to take heat from
the flue, power a fan to blow the air over the flue pipe, and use the
cold around the floor and behind the cupboard against the wall for a cold
spot for the engine?

I would like to see someone come up with an effective/efficient heat
transfer unit for capturing what the clothes dryer pumps outside.

Seems to me, any technique used to remove all the moisture from the air
would nullify any energy savings, no?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)