Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Concrete Curing Time

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:16:07 -0400, "Gene Bleuler"
wrote:

I had a new 4" deep concrete driveway poured last week. How long should I
wait before I should drive my sedan on it? What about allowing a small
delivery truck (UPS/FedEx) to pull in?

I wouldn't ever let a delivery truck drive on a 4" slab. Isn't 6"
standard for driveways? Or is there some newfangled additive that
makes concrete stronger?

[or is the extra cost of 2" just so low compared to the whole job that
it is just a good idea?]

Jim

ACTUALLY, you be lucky to find more than 3.5" in a driveway. That't the
height of a 2x4 thats used for forms. And it's always called 4".
Driveways are rarely 6" unless specially ordered that way. And a 4"
driveway is plenty strong for any city delivery truck. hell they backed
a full load of concrete in on mine to re-do the upper section and no
adverse effects.