Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default [OT] Fluidyne (and solar powered!) Engines

Morris Dovey wrote in
:

I've been taking "stirring" lessons here.

Anyway it appears to be paying off... I added photos of fluidyne
engine work from folks aound the world to my web site and, because a
few of the folks here have shown some interest, I thought I'd post a
"heads-up".

The second engine by Simon Popy (France) even incorporates a bit of
woodworking.

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/Stirling/Elsewhere/

Thanks, Morris!

I have been wondering whether there would be a way to recover any heat
from the exhaust/flue from my heating system and distribute it throughout
my basement. Here in Jersey, my basement does not ever get really cold,
but it does get cool in winter. Just when the furnace works hardest, the
basement is coldest. Would a fluidyne engine be able to take heat from
the flue, power a fan to blow the air over the flue pipe, and use the
cold around the floor and behind the cupboard against the wall for a cold
spot for the engine?

--
Best regards
Han