Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Tracing mains water pipe in ground ??

Old Git wrote:

There is overwhelming evidence that CO2 levels have been increasing
over the last 100 years
(see eg http://www.carbonify.com/carbon-dioxide-levels.htm)
The level has been increasing steadily at a little over 2ppm for 50
years from February 2004 to February 2009 it increased from 376 to
386ppm: http://climateprogress.org/2009/02/13/
noaa-global-carbon-dioxide-co2-levels-2008/.

Some fairly interesting stuff here.

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/flint/i...global_wa.html

If you read this yourself, you would see that the crank
who wrote the article, far from disputing what I said,
namely that the CO2 level has been rising for 100 years,
took this as the starting point for his rant.

His argument, if you can call it that, is that
global warming is a good thing because we are entering an ice age -
a point (the imminent ice age) that I made myself earlier in this thread.

Of course, the ecobollox devotees will never give up on their half
baked theories and very guickly forget was they have previously
preached. When they started spouting forth with their ill thought
through mantras, they were informing us with 150% certainty that we
were heading to doomsville in very short order.

Unfortunately, the average Joe in the modern street rarely has the
basic education to to question these theories, the youngsters of today
blithely soak up all of the misinformation pumped into them by todays
so called educators. Yes, those who were poorly educated since the
late sixties and are now teachers (Not all of them but many) also
believe every little theory proposed by the doomsayers and in turn,
force their propoganda on to the kids, who know no better at their
tender age and believe everything the teachers tell them.

As a matter of interest, since you are evidently
a person of superior intellect, do you believe that the CO2 level is rising?
That was the only point I made, in response to a poster who denied this.
I didn't say anything about the consequences, if any, of the increase.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net