Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tracing mains water pipe in ground ??

Timothy Murphy wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Climate is always changing, precisely my point.

It may be your point, but it wasn't mine.
I was talking about the CO2 level.

Sigh Go on then, make your point about CO2 levels again, I'm
loosing interest. But I would like to know how they measured CO2
levels 100 years ago - and indeed why they would have bothered. You
also claim they measured them in 1959 - same question applies.

I'm afraid you are showing a lack of knowledge of scientific history.
100 years ago, ie in 1909, it would have been a classroom exercise
to determine the composition of the air.
Every chemistry schoolbook would have given the figures.

I'm afraid you are showing a lack of knowledge of social history. Education
wasn't even compulsory until 1918, so I'm bloody sure they didn't have fully
equipped labs with air quality monitoring equipment.

If you look up Arrhenius, you will find he was already
considering global warming through carbon dioxide emissions
in the nineteenth century.

I just have. Fourth rate degree, universaly disliked by his peers, involved
in bent Nobel Prizes for his mates and the inspiration for Nazi racial
hygiene. Sounds like a nice bloke.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk