Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Concrete Curing Time

Gene Bleuler wrote:
I had a new 4" deep concrete driveway poured last week. How long should I
wait before I should drive my sedan on it? What about allowing a small
delivery truck (UPS/FedEx) to pull in?

Around here, tradition is foot traffic in 24 hours, cars in a week, and
no trucks for a month. (and a loaded UPS truck is pretty heavy, one
reason they almost always double-park in the street, the others being
that backing up takes time and increases chances of an accident.)

But we can't see your driveway and soil from here, and we don't know how
the substrate was prepared, and what reinforcing was used. Call the
company that put the driveway in. They will likely have very specific
instructions as part of their warranty package. Did they cover it during
the initial cure with straw or plastic, or just tell you to hose it down
daily to keep it from drying too fast? (Or does modern concrete not need
that in warmer weather?)

--
aem sends...