Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Tracing mains water pipe in ground ??

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Climate is always changing, precisely my point.

It may be your point, but it wasn't mine.
I was talking about the CO2 level.

Sigh Go on then, make your point about CO2 levels again, I'm loosing
interest. But I would like to know how they measured CO2 levels 100 years
ago - and indeed why they would have bothered. You also claim they

measured
them in 1959 - same question applies.

I'm afraid you are showing a lack of knowledge of scientific history.
100 years ago, ie in 1909, it would have been a classroom exercise
to determine the composition of the air.
Every chemistry schoolbook would have given the figures.
The NPL (National Physical Laboratory) was already analysing
every conceivable material to within parts per million.

If you look up Arrhenius, you will find he was already
considering global warming through carbon dioxide emissions
in the nineteenth century.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net