Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default Extreme electronics repair

wrote:
I used to do that with arcade game logic boards. I'd buy them off
operators (they were older boards that were removed when the game was
converted into a newer game) by the pile. The ones that were really
grubby I'd take outside with a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush
and clean 'em up. Rinse off with the hose and let 'em sit out in the
sun all day to dry off. I've even heard of guys putting them in a
dishwasher with the heated dry cycle off.

This is especially useful for grungy remote controls. You know, like
the one that was never the same after the kid dropped it in his Coke, or
whatever. I've fixed several by taking them apart, scrubbing all the
pieces with soap and water, and blowing them dry with compressed air.
Good as new. Fortunately most of the stuff people spill on remotes is
water soluble.