Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Yet Another Stypin Super Glue Trick

After applying some thinned CA glue to the tearing out end grain
of a piece of green pepper I'm turning - I THOUGHT I'd hit all the
areas where I applied it with the "hardener/instant set" spray.
Apperently I missed some.

Didn't notice that when I spun the piece up and turned some more
that some of the not set up thinned CA glue sprayed off - onto
my watch band - where the band that goes through the buckle
passes through the little "keeper loop".

I come in to take a shower before heading off to a birthday
party - and I can't get my watch off! Fortunately it's an
inexpensive CASIO - with a rubbery plastic band. A little
hot water, a little flexing and tugging - and the glue bond
let go.

Glad it wasn't a metal band.

Dumb. Really Dumb.